Americans have been stationed in Western Palatinate since the end of the Second World War. Ramstein Air Base is considered the most important U.S. military base in Europe, and not only that: it is even the largest military base outside the United States.
West Palatinate residents and around 52,000 Americans have thus been living together in this region for over 70 years, and the cooperation and connection with the Americans stationed here is now to be intensified.
With the support of ZukunftsRegion Westpfalz, our partner USAFE-AFAFRICA has launched the "Leadership Connect - Connect Days" program. This program is supposed to provide a platform for exchange and networking between selected U.S. Air Force executives and leaders from the regional, West Palatinate environment in the fields of business, politics, sports and culture. In addition to visiting the respective institutions and companies, there will also be discussions on a topic that is current and relevant to both sides - leadership and its methods.
After successful implementations of this program in the U.S. and the U.K., it is now being piloted at a base location in Germany for the first time.
As part of the program, a fixed group of 12 selected US forces representatives will be meeting with different German leaders in a wide range of industries between now and July. This will enable our participants to gain a comprehensive insight into the topic of leadership. At the end of the project, which consists of 10 parts, all participants will be invited to Ramstein Airbase.
Leadership Connect Days that have already taken place:
● Kick-off at BorgWarner in Kirchheimbolanden – February 10, 2023
● Successful LCG meeting at KOB Wolfstein – March 10, 2023
● 3rd LCG meeting in Neustadt – March 17, 2023
● Visiting the Employment Agency KL-PS – May 12, 2023
● The art of leadership methods at the Pfalztheater – May 12, 2023
● Academia meets USAFE – June 23, 2023
● "Sticky businesses" at H.B. Fuller-Kömmerling – July 14, 2023
● Visiting IHK Pfalz in Pirmasens – July 14, 2023
● Final event on Ramstein Air Base – July 21, 2023